PSOC4 and BLE updates over the air with CYBLE 212019-00 microcontroller.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

1/ I am using the Using the CY8CKIT-042 BLE board, with the CYBLE 212019-00 microcontroller.

2/ I’ve created a workspace with :-

The following 2 projects :-

BleFindme01, BLE_OTA_upgradeableStckExample_Launcher01and  BLE_OTA_upgradeableStckExample_Stack01.

3/ When I build the project using  PSoc Creator 3.3 ( with service pack 2)  on a laptop using windows 10, there is no problem. I can upgrade over the air with CySmart 1.2 etc.

4/ When I copy the workspace to my PC ( windows 7) & use PSCoc Creator 4.0, the software does advertise & when I connect the Green LED goes off, correctly.

5/ With the Green LED on, I press  SW2, which turn the RED LED on. However, my mobile phone APP sees the over the air update ‘message’,  but CyCSmart does not.

I then press the reset button, the blue led flashes momentarily, the red led comes on .

My mobile phone again sees the update message, but CY Smart does not..

The only way that I can get the microcontroller to advertise ( green LED on) is to reprogram the device through Psoc.

6/ The version of CYSmart is 1.2.0.122 on both PSs.

7/ Where is the problem ?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes