CY8CKIT-046 Creator 4.0 missing pins?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
lukoc_1317361
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if this is the correct operation of PSoC Creator or not.

I've included screenshots for visual confirmation.

I start a new project and choose CY8C4248BZI-L489.

I add 2 output pins, 2 logic level sources, an OR gate and a NOT gate, wire them up to the output pins, etc.

Build and compile.  Go to the pin editor and a bunch of ports are missing...  So how do I use the headers on the kit board?

I ran into this problem when I "ported" an existing product to the chip, so I decided to start from scratch and no matter what I did, ports when missing from the pin editor.

Lucas

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Its a routing restriction as only a small number of ports connect to the DSI. This varies depending on the chip.  It is already documented in the DataSheets for each chip.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Its a routing restriction as only a small number of ports connect to the DSI. This varies depending on the chip.  It is already documented in the DataSheets for each chip.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

When I start a new project, the whole port/pin list is displayed, it's not until after the first compile, does the list change.  Is this the inteded operation, because that is what threw me for a loop.

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

Yes,it is intended operation

0 Likes