Locked out of editing source file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've recently started learning how to use PSOC Creator, so this may be an easy fix. I randomly cannot edit my main.c file, or any new text files I create. Not that I would want to, but I also tried editing the Cypress generated source code for my project and cannot edit that either. If I edit my main.c file in another editor and save it, the text file in PSOC Creator is updated. I've tried restarting the program, closing and reopening the file, etc. 

I believe I am using the most updated version of Creator. Did I accidentally activate a type of locking feature?

Thanks

Jesse

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        millsj2, If you trying to edit existing Cypress files (which are normally locked), select project and save it under different name first. If there are lock icons next to file names, those files are locked. Do not edit generated files as they are being automatically re-generated each time project is rebuilt.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        millsj2, If you trying to edit existing Cypress files (which are normally locked), select project and save it under different name first. If there are lock icons next to file names, those files are locked. Do not edit generated files as they are being automatically re-generated each time project is rebuilt.   
0 Likes