How to configure UART to write the AT Commands in the TERMINAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I have devlopped my first prototype using PSOC3  and i would like to test my prototype by passing the AT commands in order to test the UBLOX module which is installed in my hardware,

i want to send the AT commands from the UART (TX/RX) terminal and it should bypass the PSOC 3 or link the PSOC3 MICROCONTROLLER with the  UBLOX module directly and i would like to see the response for those AT commands in the UART terminal 

Inorder to send  the AT commands in the UART terminal what should i do (configuration ) how can i bypass the PSOC 3 inorder to write the AT commands directly into the UBLOX MODULE

1) Do i need to use two UART components in order to make this logic work or one UART component is sufficient?

2) i dont know how to bypass or directly pass the AT Commands into the UBLOX module without interferring the PSOC 3(MICROCONTROLLER) so i request can anyone propose me some ideas or logic or examples to write the AT ommands it could be really helpful for me to test my prototype

Thank you

prabhu

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No input voltage may exceed Vddio and Vdda must be the highest voltage. Please refer to PSoC3 datasheet, I am not the best in designing electronics.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I must admit, I do not fully understand you.

Where do the AT commands come from exactly? which Device? which Interface? Voltage level?

Where do the AT commands go to?

What does the PSoC3 do?

What are you bypassing?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your kind reply, i have explained in detail for you able to understand my question

before going to explain in detail i would like you to know my hardware configuration first posc 3 is connected to the UBLOX module via UART interface using TXD and RXD pins at (3.8V) operating voltage of ublox module 

1)Actually the AT commands are sent from the hyperterminal (example putty,XT-Terminal etc) which is i will type manually in the hyperterminal

​2) once i typed the AT commands in the hyperterminal it has to go the UBLOX module directly via psoc 3(that is by connecting UART TERMINAL DIRECTLY TO THE UBLOX )

3) PSOSC 3 should pass the AT commands from UART to the UBLOX and also psoc should return the response from the UBLOX to the UART (That is psoc should do transmitting the AT commands from UART to the UBLOX module and then able to pass the UBLOX response back to the UART terminal inorder to see the response of AT commands)

4) actually the terms bypassing i referred here is AT commands from the hyperterminal has to be sent directly to the UBLOX module via PSOC 3

if you still not able to understand please let me know

My aim is to sent the AT commands from the UART Terminal and see the response for those AT commands in the same UART termianl using TX and RX pins of PSOC 3 and UBLOX Module

Thank you 

prabhu

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Bob, My guess 'prabhu' is asking about UART sniffer to see what is going on between UBLOX and PSoC.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Odissey,

Thanks for you kind suggestions actually my aim to verify the UBLOX whether it is working properly or not because it is my first new prototype so i would like to send the AT commands to the UBLOX and see the reponse of ublox in the hyperterminal  but the ublox is connected to the PSOC 3 via UART interface using TX and RX pins 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Did you already verify the UART connection between your PC and the PSoC3? Care for the voltage level which is 12V on PC side.

When that is working as expected in both directions you can check the second UART (yes, you will need 2 UARTs) between PSoC3 and UBLOX.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello BOB

Thank you so much for your kind reply 

i am trying to verify the UART Connection between the PC and PSOC 3 but am not able to send any data via hyperterminal i have configured one UART which is RX only and baud rate to 57000 and then i flashed the program into the POSC 3 kit and then i connected the TX pin (Orange colour code)of the RS232 CABLE 5v to the pin P6(6) of the PSOC 3 and then i have tried to type some data on the hyperterminal but it is not working at all whatever data i type on the keyboard it is not visible on the hyperterminal could you please tell me what is wrong on my method and i request you to suggest me some ideas or logics to test the UART between PC and PSOC 3

thank you

prabhu

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What is your underlying hardware? A self-made pcb (please provide schematic) or a development kit (which one)?

"connected the TX pin (Orange colour code)of the RS232 CABLE 5v" Did you connect GND as well?

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

STOP!

The PSoC as you said runs at 3.8V and will be damaged by the Tx 5V level!!!

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No input voltage may exceed Vddio and Vdda must be the highest voltage. Please refer to PSoC3 datasheet, I am not the best in designing electronics.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your kind reply right now am able to successfully do the first half part based on your suggestion 

i can able to do the Trans mission and reception TEST (TX and RX)between PC and PSOC 3 

i typed some data in the hyperterminal and then i can able to see the typed data 

right now could you please suggest me some ideas or logics how to transmit the AT commands from the PC to the UBLOX 

which means how i can establish the T X and RX  between PSoC3 and UBLOX.

you told me in the previous comments if the first UART between PC and PSOC3 is working as expected and check the second UART between PSOC3 and UBLOX

could you please tell me how i can connect directly the UART between PC ,PSOC3,UBLOX by having two UART componenets

I have tried like this TX on the first UART is connected to the (UBLOX  )second UART TX and then RX(Second UART) on the UBLOX  is connected to the first UART TX

please see the attached picture for reference  but like this it is not working so i request you to help me with some ideas in software configurations

Thank you

prabhu

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Probably your "GSM_TXD" pin is not connected correctly to the debug UART component.

Why are GSM connections are to both UARTs? I would suggest to use one UART with PC connection and another with the GSM. Transferring data between them ib software.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bob,

I have attached the screen copy of my schematics each blue color square box in the attached picture will give you the clear idea of how i am using the voltage levels and the left side of the square box(J3 in schematics) which contains the 1V8 supply voltage are the test pins and i have configured those pins into the RX and TX pins but the supply votlage for those pins will be 1V8 do i need to chane the supply voltage?

so could you please tell me my configuration for the RX pin (P6(6) and TX(P6(7) pin between the computer and the PSOC 3 are correct? or wrong?

i have connected the Black Colour RS232 TTL_5V cable to GND and then TX (orange colour to P6(6) by using this configuration am trying to type some data in the Hyperterminal with the baud rate 115200 but after loading the program into the personal PCB Kit i am not able to see any typed data on the hyperterminal i dont know able to find the issue i knew somewhere my configuration for UART is incorrect but unable to find out the issue and able to do the test between the PSOC3 and PC 

could you suggest me some ideas to do the RX and TX test between PSOC  and PC

thank you

prabhu

0 Likes