ProximityGesturesWithBLE - Unsuccessful - Requesting Help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

First off, I'm completely new to the PSoC and the world of CapSense so please speak slowly and clearly. 😉

I have a Pioneer development kit with the PSoC 4 module (red board) installed (CY8CKIT-042-BLE).

I also have the 'Shield' (CY8CKIT-024 CAPSENSE PROXIMITY SHIELD) for gesture sensing installed along with the jumper as prescribed in, pp 1-2:

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/blob/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day044_Pro...

I grabbed the project from github here:

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day044_Pro...

When I opened up the Workspace, there were several components that were not up to date (PSoC Creator 4.0 couldn't find them).  So I updated all the components expecting that using the most up-to-date components would be the best route.  A list of components and their original and updated versions is attached.

The program builds and loads into the PSoC just fine. 

I can power the Pioneer board and I can pair and 'connect' the evaluation board with BLE to a PC running Windows 10 Pro. 

I can not, however, get any gestures to do anything when looking at a gallery of photos..

I am also not observing the LED illumination on the Shield as described in both the literature and shown in the video.

I suspect that there is an issue reading the Shield, but I have made several attempts to 'debug' so I can see what the code is doing, but have not been successful.

The information in the Output pane reads as follows:

Device 'PSoC 4200 BLE CY8C4247LQ*-BL483' was successfully programmed at 11/15/2016 11:22:15.
Continuing target program
=thread-group-exited,id="i1"
Error: dbg.M0015: Debugger exited unexpectedly during run.  Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)

PSoC Creator is running on W7 Pro 64-bit.

The Pioneer board is powered from the W7 PC via USB.

A) Has anyone out there had recent (2016) success with the Proximity Gesture Code in the PSoC 4 on the Pioneer board using PSoC Creator 4.0?  If so, what did you do to make the project function?

B) Any pointers on how to get into a debug session?

Thank you in advance for your time,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

No, not that setting.

Workspace Explorer -> System -> Debug

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Are you running windows 10 or windows 7 and are you using the dongle ? Is you computer bluetooth enabled if not then you must use the dongle and program it with the hex file on the grub hub page for this example.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob G

I am running PSoC Creator 4.0 on a Windows 7 computer.  The Windows 7 computer does not have Bluetooth.  I also learned that Windows 7 does not support Bluetooth LE.

I have the Windows 10 computer setup with a Bluetooth dongle.  The dongle supports BLE.  I can see the kit appear in the Device Manager as a BLE Keyboard, so I'm confident that the Bluetooth connection is being made.

I suspect that the CapSense portion may not be working properly.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum,

Your debug error can be caused by

Deep sleep (can be disabled in code)

Workspace -> System -> Debug settings not set to SWD

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I found Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Port Configuration and it is set to SWD as opposed to JTAG.  Is this the setting you were referring to?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No, not that setting.

Workspace Explorer -> System -> Debug

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it!

And now I can debug!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Works for me too. I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Hank

0 Likes