adding device to whitelist while scanning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone please suggest me or send me a sample code on how to add devices to whitelist while scannin. im looking to receive an address from the user via UART and add that to whitelist during scanning.please send a sample code if possible.

Thankyou,

Vaisakh Haridas
email-vaisakh.hari21@gmail.com
mob-+91 8879009971

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the example project modified such that you can add devices to whitelist whilst scanning. The device will process advertisement packets only from devices in the White List.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Vaisakh,

Please have a look at the whitelist example project:https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day014_Whi....

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hima,

Yes I did go through this program , the fact is that im trying to add devices to whitelist while in scanning mode rather than in broadcasting mode, so when i try using the program fragment to add device the program flow directly goes to the default case ie enter valid address.

when im entering 'a' in serial terminal it directly goes to the condition that address entered is invalid and hence i am not able to add the device.

please help

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find the example project modified such that you can add devices to whitelist whilst scanning. The device will process advertisement packets only from devices in the White List.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yssu,

Thankyou for the code. but again it shows the same error..instead of accepting the entire string, it directly access the default condition ie invalid address entered.Plus in this code if the same device is present it is scanned and displayed continuously. Rather i just want it to displayed only once as long as it is on. Once if broadcasting device turns off and on again only then should the PSOC display it again ..can u please look into it

I have attached a pic of the error im talking about on the Serial terminal.

please let me know

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vaisakh,

The error is associated with your serial terminal Termite 3.2. I downloaded Termite 3.2 and noted that it is apending a linefeed(LF) in addition to the LFCR that is added when you press enter. Go to Settings and select 'Append nothing' under Transmitted text. It should work fine after you do that. 

In the example, duplicate filtering is enabled. So, only when the advertisement data changes, the scan report will be printed. 

0 Likes