Programming PsoC4000 Devices without XRES

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am currently working on a project using a reduced SOIC-16 PSoC4000 device. This package does not feature access to the XRES (Reset) functionality. Before I am making a huge mistake in the schematic design - does MiniProg3 programming work without using the XRES?

I am wondering if it is possible to programm the chip using only SWDIO and SWDCLK? If not, what is the right way?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Julian

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You need to configure the programming mode to "Power Cycle". When using PSoC programmer it is an option on main window. When using Creator you need to set the miniprog3 properties accordingly.

Bob

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Julian,

//I am wondering if it is possible to programm the chip using only SWDIO and SWDCLK?// When you are using  power cycle mode make sure that you are not externally powering the device. Power Cycle programming mode toggles the power to the device to acquire device. Thus, this should be used when the device is not powered externally. MiniProg should be able to apply supply to the device in this case, so connect VDD pin of the device to VTARG of the miniprog.

You can use read this document for more details :http://www.cypress.com/file/126826/download

Best Regards,

VSRS

0 Likes