Using CY8Ckit-059 Variable Square wave generator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I am looking to use a Cy8Ckit-059 and PSOC creator to make a variable square wave generator using a potentiometer to change the frequency, and a 4 digit, 7 segment LED to show the change in frequency. I want to program the chip, and power the entire thing with a 9V battery, and have it be mobile and not connected to a computer. 

Requirements 

frequency: 10-100 Hz

4 digit-7 segment cathode -LED display

potentiometer to set the frequency

a stop/pause button..

and I would preferably like to use mostly logic gates, I already have an idea of what it is going to look like, I just don't have a lot of experience using PSOC creator. Thank you. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
        Check this component and examples provided http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-community-components/dds24-24-bit-dds-arbitrary-frequency-generato... Use rotary encoder instead of pot- it is more convenient, precise and more affordable.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Odissey 

I saw that application, I have trying to upload it to the dependencies library....it keep giving me an error 

"info: gd.M0106: Error found while loading "C:\User\mada0\DDS24_lib\DDS24_lib.cylib\DDS24_V0_\DDS24_vo_o.cysch"file. this file would not be considered in teh update process. "

I am very new to PSOC so I have been struggling with this. 

I was alo wondering if it was possible to uses internal Nand gates, and external resistors/potentiometer, and capacitors to drive the wave form generation, and frequency. 

0 Likes

that should be possible too, check for example this youtube video. But using DDS it all can be done inside PSoC with very high precision. 

https://youtu.be/FaoJaLmZaL4?list=WL

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

mada,

1. You do not need to open .lib file in explorer; instead open one of the examples provided with the component. If you unzip both DDS24_lib.zip and DDS24_demos.zip in the same root folder, then all demos should recognize DDS24_lib dependency automatically, because it relies on a relative path.

To add the DDS24 library file to the dependecies list (in any other project), please follow this video for (3-mouse click) instructions:

http://www.cypress.com/resource-types/video/psoc-creator-tutorial-compon...

In short:

1. Unzip DDS24_lib.zip

2. goto Project->Dependencies->Add library-> ..\DDS24_lib\DDS24_lib.cyprj. Done!

2. Upgrade your Creator (3.1) to the latest version (4.0?)

3. It seems that you are using KIT-059, and that it asking for firmware upgrade (seems all -059 are shipped with old firmware, which need upgrade before used). If this is the case make a firmware update:  Programmer->Utilities Button "Upgrade Firmware". 

0 Likes