Creator and youtube example videos

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Im new to this product and am trying to follow along with the youtube series 'creating a ble app for the iphone'. What I see on my laptop and what is presented in the video are rather different. Project creation in the vid shows a page with numerous default templates and a couple tabs (design and other). What I see is a much less populated page with a few radio buttons (target module, target device, library project and workspace).  I fill in the appropriate infos, hit next and get to select from 2 project templates (code example and pre-populated schematic). Neither is really what I need if Im to follow the youtube example. So, what am I doing wrong here? Is this just a matter of setting creator up in a particular way or something else entirely?

jimg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Cypress Creator is now on version 4.0 which has some changes in the initial screen. The tutorials are not yet up-to-date.

Can you provide a link to the youtube video?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

Cypress Creator is now on version 4.0 which has some changes in the initial screen. The tutorials are not yet up-to-date.

Can you provide a link to the youtube video?

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        The new project screen underwent major changes in PSOC 4.0. The users wanted more control of the new project settings and these where implemented in the latest version. I am sure that other parts of the video doesn't follow the new release of PSOC Creator. I am sure that they are working on updates.