Patches for suppressing harmless warnings in PDL v2.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm upgrading from PDL v2.0 to 2.1 (precisely PDLSetup_2.1.0_8-16-16.exe as of Oct 20, 2016). I compile with:

arm-none-eabi-g++.exe (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) 5.4.1 20160609 (release) [ARM/embedded-5-branch revision 237715]

In the hope that they'll be gone with the next release, I'd like to provide some patches to fix harmless warnings such as:

• wrong #include path
  •     
  • missing quotes around #error message string
  •     
  • -Wunused-parameter
  •     
  • -Wunused-but-set-variable
  •     
  • -Wparentheses (because of v = v & ~x | y which becomes v = (v & ~x) | y)
  •     
  • -Wconversion
  •     
  • -Wpadded
  •     
  • -Wmissing-prototypes
  •    

Regards,

Lorenzo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

So, if I assume right, the patches are not for Creator (which is the IDE that everyone here uses) or do you have some guides how to use your patches under windows in Creator?

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I am not quite sure how to apply any of that patches in Creator 4.0. Some more information would be needed

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I generated them with git. They are in diff's unified format. Meld understands patches. There are many more comparison tools which will do.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

So, if I assume right, the patches are not for Creator (which is the IDE that everyone here uses) or do you have some guides how to use your patches under windows in Creator?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I don't know what Creator is. The format I used is very standard in the open source world.

We can try to work it out in the other way around: which format does Creator accept for patches?

The last resource would be sending the whole files.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Lorenzo, this forum is for programming PSoCs which is usually performed using Cypress's IDE named Creator. I would suggest you to download and install Creator 4.0 and see how it works. Since you do not have any Psoc hardware (yet) you wil need to open one of the supplied examples. When you get interested in PSoCs: there are some prototyping kits for few money, look here and here.

0 Likes