CY8C5287AXI LP095 broken for serveral time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY8C5287AXI  LP095 Broken while operating for more than 3 times, I try to find the reasons for the chip burning. I'm using the Chip with servo motors. Once it burns EEPROM, I have to check it with the oscilloscope if there is a glitch on the circuit, I found there is a small glitch on the circuit, It can be the reason for the chip break down?

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If the I2C lines with the 11V on it are connected to the PSoC, then this will kill the PSoC. Bob said "on any input pin" - this problem is not limited to the power inputs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

A voltage of 11V on any input pin will successfully blow the PSoC chip!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a voltage regulator for the circuit. The glitch is between I2C and servo motors. 

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If the I2C lines with the 11V on it are connected to the PSoC, then this will kill the PSoC. Bob said "on any input pin" - this problem is not limited to the power inputs.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

we have 5v for I2C not 11v. 

0 Likes

Well, then what are the traces on the scope in your photo show? The assumption until now is that these are the I2C lines. If they are, then even when they are nominally 5V, 11V there will kill your PSoC. If these aren't I2C lines, what are they?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The glitch shows a 11V p-p. Did you see a soft glowing of the pins?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still didn't understand anything but will find some other ways of it. 

0 Likes