Quad SPI and Dual SPI design?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need a quad spi module. I just started working with Psoc5LP. So I don't know how to design. How can I design this module? 

also I have a questions. Is it possible to do parallel processing on PSoC microcontrollers?

Thank You 

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If you mean a SPI component that uses 4 data bits: I think you would need to implement your own component (in Verilog). You can combine multiple UDBs into one with a larger data width if you need to.

Depending on the feature set could do this with the already existing basic blocks (muxes, shift registers and DFFs).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Please be a bit (or byte 😉 more precise: Do you need an SPI master that addresses 4 slaves or do you need 4 SPI masters?

Please download and install Creator 4.0. There are examples for SPI and a datasheet for each component.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

If you mean a SPI component that uses 4 data bits: I think you would need to implement your own component (in Verilog). You can combine multiple UDBs into one with a larger data width if you need to.

Depending on the feature set could do this with the already existing basic blocks (muxes, shift registers and DFFs).

0 Likes