Cyble 022001-00 RSSI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon all!

I am a beginner programmer and was wondering how I could accomplish RSSI monitoring. I loaded the "Proximity" sample project which is somewhat close to what I would like to achieve. Basically I would want it to monitor RSSI and when it hits a certain value blink an LED (Only when below or under a specific preset number).

This is my first time programming so any help would be useful! I'm not sure if that is possible or if I need an interrupt-like setup every 1s to check RSSI value. 

Please help me as this is a final project! I greatly appreciate it!

0 Likes
3 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

-> You can call CyBle_GetRssi() API in main infinite for loop (for{;;}).This function reads the recorded Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) value for the last successfully received packet from the BLE radio sub-system.You can use if condition and when the RSSI value hits your required value ,blink the LED.

Regards,

Gyan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Gyan. Is there any place I can get a walkthrough on connecting two devices with bluetooth? They are both Cypress BLE modules being programmed and only have to be connected to each other for communication. I've looked at examples like "proximity" and don't understand anything that is going on. I appreciate your assistance!

0 Likes
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

You can refer BLE-UART bridge example for your need.Here two Cypress devices are communicating over the air.

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Day020_BLE...

Regards,

Gyan

0 Likes