Recognized but not supported error on programming PSoC3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dusted off my fairly old Dev Kit today thinking I will get back to using PSoC for some smaller projects.  This is the CY8CKIT-001 dev klit that came with PSoC1 and PSoC3 processor module with the promise of PSoC5 module support when it was "just around the corner".

I know I successfully used it in the past.

I downloaded PSoC Creator 4.0 from Cypress web site and tried running one of the example programs.  Once the project builds and go to program it, the Miniprog3 does see the module but with a "i" symbol on it saying "Module was recognized but PSoC Creator does not support it at this time."

Has the CY8CKIT-001 been duplicated?  They seem to still sell them on the site.  Do I need a new firmware for it or something?

Hiroo

0 Likes
1 Solution
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

When the 001 kit is so old that it didn't even get a PSoC5 I think it might have engineering samples for the PSoC3 chips. These are not supported since several years.

Either you install an old version of Creator (from the archive page, 2.1 is the oldest version). Or you buy some processor modules for your kit, e.g. http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-010-psoc-cy8c58lp-family-process... .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Did you already update the miniprog3 firmware using PSoC Programmer 3.25?

Which processor module do you use, what is the chip??

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

When the 001 kit is so old that it didn't even get a PSoC5 I think it might have engineering samples for the PSoC3 chips. These are not supported since several years.

Either you install an old version of Creator (from the archive page, 2.1 is the oldest version). Or you buy some processor modules for your kit, e.g. http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-010-psoc-cy8c58lp-family-process... .

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

PSoC 3 ES2 silicon is not supported now with PSOC Creator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the responses.  Miniprog3 is new (I let the magic smoke out of the original) I purchased last week so I assume it has the latest firmware.  I am not sure what rev of silicon the kit came with but it is possible it is ES level.  Installing the old PSoC Creator 2.2 from the archives did not help either.  I am guessing the kit is just too old.  There is a CD that came with the kit and I suspect there is a version of the PSoC Creator on that it will work except it's been a while since I had a machine that can read an optical disc.

I have some paths I can follow if I really need to solve this.  For now, I was just looking for project to work on.  Onto that Raspberry Pi I have in the junk box for now.

Hiroo

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

If its ES silicon, this is printed on the MCU chip on the module. So you can look there. Or you just use one of the PSoC1 modules...