WHY UART RX BUFFER is Passing Some extra unwanted data a

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone,

I have developed my new prototype  using PSOC 3 and Right now i have been testing my prototype using UART to send the AT commands via Hyperterminal for that am getting proper response  and also i have attached the picture for proper response under name TEST image please see attached picture

My problem is that i have sent AT commands directly from software instead of typing in hyperterminal using PUTSTRING function  but am getting some addtional imporper data along with my AT commands in the hyperterminal please see the attached picture i did not understand why the extra values are arising at the first command execution itsefl could anyone please suggest me some useful mehtods to resolve those extra unwanted data in my command s? please help me why it is happening like that i can't able to resolve this issue any help would eb greatly appreicated

I have attached my project along with this please have a look and suggest me some ideas or please verify my software 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hima

Thanks for your kind suggestion i am able to found the solution for my problem it is just because of infinite loop and the execution are too much in a quick time because of that it showed some unwanted characteres

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

I see that there are two UART ports in your project, Debug and UART. Can you please tell if you are viewing both the UART COM PORTs in Hyper terminal? Can you try increasing the size of TX buffer of UART.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your kind reply hima and exetremly sorry for delayed reply because i was in sick leave

actually am using Two UART COM PORTS

one UART PORT (UART named in the topdesign) for the gsm module inorder to send the AT Commands and and another UART(Debug) which is used to see the what are commands are being entered into the second UART and also to view the return reponse for the respective AT commands from the Second UART

Actually am viewing only one UART on the hyperterminal which is named as Debug on the TOPDDESIGN 

the actual problem in PSOC 3

if the enter the AT commnds manually i am getting the proper response on the both UART and Debug 

but when the send the AT commands uisng PutString fucntion it is showing immediately aborted or some misplaced  characters on each time could you please help me because am really blocked and not able to move forward without able to find where the problem is coming from

could you please tell me what do you meant TX bufffer size increment because i am using only RX buffer in my software no where i have declared or modified anything about the TX buffer

eagerly looking forward for your reply

Thank you

prabhu

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Prabhu,

What I meant is to increase the RX buffer size. Sorry for the typo from my end.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thank you so much for your kind reply even i have increased the size of the RX buffer already before posting this question but still it is showing some extra unwanted characters please suggest me some other possibl solution so that i can move forward 

thank you

prabhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Hima

Thanks for your kind suggestion i am able to found the solution for my problem it is just because of infinite loop and the execution are too much in a quick time because of that it showed some unwanted characteres

0 Likes