normal router function

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying the application--snip.apsta in Wiced SDK-2.3.1 on a development kit. The kit can join my Linksys wifi router(this router has internet access) and my PC can join the AP that is generated by the kit. But my PC gets "no internet access" and gets the error message of "The DNS server is not responding" when I troubleshoot problem.  

I am wondering how I could keep STA function and also make the kit working as a normal router.

Thanks for any help.

Pinhua
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
WICED does not provide a network "bridge" between the softAP interface and the STA interface.

Is that what you are trying to achieve?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
WICED does not provide a network "bridge" between the softAP interface and the STA interface.

Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Hello Jasonrc,

Thank you for your reply.

To simply my question, could we make a development kit working like a WiFi Range Extender or wifi Repeater, using WICED stack?

Thanks,

Pinhua
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
WICED does not include range-extender functionality.

You will need to implement this feature yourself at the application level.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
WICED does not include range-extender functionality.

You will need to implement this feature yourself at the application level.

Got it. Thank you.

Do you know who or which company could do this development for our company? If so, we would appreciate if you could recommend one.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it. Thank you. 

Do you know who or which company could do this development for our company? If so, we would appreciate if you could recommend one.

Does anybody follow on this?

I also want to know whether WICED can be used as a range expander.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
dmiya, I will send you a private message to discuss options.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chadoneill,

Can I also know your detail solution on this? thanks!

James.

0 Likes