Is there a way to use the new CYBLE-214015 module without upgrading to PSOC Creator 4.0?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC creator 3.3 (fully updated) doesn't recognize the device -- it says it's an unrecognized device. This happens for both the pioneer kit and miniprog3. PSoC programmer does recognize it and talks to it fine. PSoC Creator 4.0 recognizes the device and programs it properly. If this means that PSoC Creator 3.3 is incompatible with the CYBLE-214015 somebody should have said.

There is no CYBLE 204015 module in the device selector on 3.3, and I can't seem to find an ID for the chip itself.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Creator 4.0 is co-existent with Creator 3.3. So there is no reason not to install Creator 4.0, particularly because some errors have been corrected (and only few new been introduced ;-).

So why are you hesitating to install the latest version? Of course the newer chips and modules that came after Creator 3.3 are not supported by the old program, how should it know about.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Creator 4.0 is co-existent with Creator 3.3. So there is no reason not to install Creator 4.0, particularly because some errors have been corrected (and only few new been introduced ;-).

So why are you hesitating to install the latest version? Of course the newer chips and modules that came after Creator 3.3 are not supported by the old program, how should it know about.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've usually kept up with minor versions but tend to hang back a bit on major versions, and most vendors tend to have overlapping support during a ".0" version transition and support their latest with both versions for a little while. But since Cypress seems to work differently, I guess I'll just have to trust in Cypress QA. So far, 4.0 seems pretty solid, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thus far, the only bad sign has been the HUGE errors I've found (and yes, reported and acknowledged) in the datasheets for CYBLE modules. The software has been solid...