BLE used for beacon

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I  notice the Estimote Beacon system (Similar to iBeacon) uses a Cortex M0 core with BLE for location of beacons.

Has anyone here used the PSOC 4 BLE for similar application? And if so, can you provide a link to any useful information or tutorial for using the device in this application.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Bob pointed out, it should be present as part of the 100 day repository.

One example is of the Google's Eddystone beacons, which can be found here https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Project050...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Wasn't there an example in 100 ble projects? Start searching here.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Bob pointed out, it should be present as part of the 100 day repository.

One example is of the Google's Eddystone beacons, which can be found here https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/PSoC-4-BLE/tree/master/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Project050...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the following problems with both BLE beacon projects (Project50_Eddystone and Project38_AltBeacon):

1.Debugger won't run. The message says:"Debugger exited unexpectedly during run. Encountered error (Target disconnected See output window for more information.)" This message is repeated in the output window so no additional info

2. I can program the device but none of the beacon locator apps , including the Cypress BLE-Beacon app, can detect the beacon

The only way I was able to see the device was with CySmart app

I tried to experiment with the service UUID but  that didn't help

I am using the latest version of PSoC Creator app 3.3 CP3 (3.3.0.9604), updated projects with the latest components and rebuilt them without problems. I also had to update the KitProg firmware with PSoC programmer 

I am evaluating the PSoC CYBLE-224110-00 if that makes any difference.

Your help is much appreciated

Thank you

Andy

0 Likes

You can't debug in DeepSleep or LowPowerMode... or best isn't so easy!

Eddystone example uses these two mode so.... 

You must check ho to debug in Lowpower modes but I suppose that isn't so easy and however you can't use all features of debug!! My suggestion is to disable the low power and use a timer to manage Eddyston adverstiment.

0 Likes