4000S smart I/O: how to use data unit component in Smart IO?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using a CY8CKIT-145 with a PSoC 4000S chip.

I want to do shift operation for a input. The data unit (DU) component in Smart I/O could do this OP.

But unfortunately,i could not find the DU in the configuration tab of the Creator's Smart I/O component.

So my question, why the Creator do not have DU configure? How to use DU for my design?

Thanks,

-Charlie

0 Likes
12 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Charlie.

Look in Component catalog -> Digital -> Logic. There you'll find the SmartIO component.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

May be my word was not clear.

I got the SmartIO component, but this component do not have DU(data unit) configure.

My question is: how to use DU in the Smart I/O?

Thanks you,

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

The OP means that the SmartIO have a DU inside, but the configuration of the DU is not available on the SmartIO configuration window.

Maybe it's available only writing to specific registers directly but i haven't read the 4S Register TRM.

This http://iotexpert.com is the blog of Alan Hawse, Cypress Engineer, all i know about SmartIO i learned reading his tutorials, maybe you can drop him a question, hope he can help you.

Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carlos,

Thanks your reply, i am looking Alan's blog and learning.

0 Likes

No problem :D, please let us know if you get the DU working.

Carlos

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Charlie,

Data unit is not supported for PSoC4000S in the current version(4.0) of creator. It may get support in future versions.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

VSRS,

Thanks, hope get it ASAP. 🙂

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Charlie:

The SmartIO Data Unit is supported in PSoC Creator 4.1. This is scheduled for release approximately March 10, 2017, our work-week 10. I have two project using the Data Unit in an early version of 4.1. One is a divide by 4 using the DU for a low-phase error FSK modulator. The other is a 15 bit shift register for a correlator in an FSK demodulator. If you are willing to sign sufficient releases to work with a beta version, I can then get approval from software management and ship you a link to download same. I can also send copies of my working projects. Know that these are development projects and are not claimed to be production worthy, but they do work. I'm doing these in CY8C4A45, the analog coprocessor, but the digital stuff is applicable to any PSoC4 with Smart IO. Contact me by direct email at seg@cypress.com; I can call you on the phone if you prefer. You can also check out my FSK app notes to get a feel for how these things work.

---- Dennis Seguine

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dennis,

Thanks your kindly reply. 

Now i am busy on other development, i prefer to wait official 4.1 release at March and will have a try.

-Charlie

0 Likes

Hi Dennis,

The AppNotes will available until the release of Creator 4.1? (i guess the answer is yes)

Thanks

-Carlos

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

There are no app notes on SmartIO. There will be no app notes on SmartIO before Creator 4.1 comes out.  There are three code examples available, CE209974, 75, and 76, but these do not address the Data Unit. You'll have to wait. Sorry.

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

Any news on the App Notes on SmartIO?

0 Likes