Use an SD card with PSOC 4 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear folks,

I am prototyping a project which requires among other things to read music files from a micro SD card BLE connectivity.

So I am working at using a micro SD card on a PSOC 4 BLE chip, using CY8CKIT-042-BLE with a CY8C4247LQI-BL483 for prototyping.

It looks like emFile is not compatible with BLE chips as changing the target of the emFile sample project to my chip (via Device Selector menu item) leaves the emFile component with a red label 'incompatbile' in the TopDesign file of the project.

Is there some similar component I could use to get things started ?

I found out this project : https://www.element14.com/community/thread/25517/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project050-sd-card-e...

In this project there is an SDCard component that seems to compile with PSOC 4 BLE. I indeed fear it may not be the most flexible way I could get things done.

Has someone already faced this issue ? Are there other solutions I should look at ? Maybe emFile can be used with PSOC 4 BLE ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Maximilien.

0 Likes
1 Solution
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

Pay attention to the projects:
FatFS-Library-Project-master.zip
and 
FatFS_NSDSPI-master.zip
ff11.zip 
This has been discussed here: How to speed up write data to micro sdcard use EmFile of Psoc5lp
and here Emfile and micro sdcard in psoc 5lp

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7

Pay attention to the projects:
FatFS-Library-Project-master.zip
and 
FatFS_NSDSPI-master.zip
ff11.zip 
This has been discussed here: How to speed up write data to micro sdcard use EmFile of Psoc5lp
and here Emfile and micro sdcard in psoc 5lp

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello pavloven,

Thanks a lot for your help.

This project is designed for PSOC 5 and I don't know if I can get it working on PSOC 4 : the cy_dma component is incompatible with PSOC 4. I am trying to find a solution.

I will keep in touch if I get it working.

Have a nice day,

Maximilien.

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7

sorry for PSoC4 here:
https://github.com/hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs​
project from jesusrcc
discussed   here

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello pavloven,

Thank you so much for your help !

I had troubles getting the PSOC4 version working but using separate SS pin made the trick on my CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit.

Hope this will be useful for other people.

Have a nice week-end.

Maximilien.

0 Likes
IoVo_297831
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Hi Maximilien,

I have tried to use the examples and I managed to work with PSoC5LP but there was no success using PSoC4 BLE.
Can you please provide more details about how should I modify the code in order to be able to read/write in SD card with PSoC4 BLE?

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards,
Yiannis

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yiannis,

I use separate Chip Select and removed the call to wait_ready in select (sdcard.c). It hung my init process and I did not find this test in the SDCard specifications. I have a TODO about digging this topic as I had to do things quick at the moment.

Works like a charm 🙂

Hope you will get the same result with those hints.

Regards,

Maximilien.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mroi,

Did you get the SD card working for PSOC 4 BLE? I can't figure out the issue.

Hoping for your quick response

Thanks,

Anup

0 Likes