USBDebug example: Can not make it work.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

I uploaded the firmware image of the USBDebug example in SDK 3.1. I expect it works with Control Center with "Interrupt in endpoint(0x81)". With "Transfer Data-IN" button, I got nothing.

I check the source code of the firmware, in a subroutine of "Callback to handle the USB setup requests", there are a few lines showing:

if (bType == CY_U3P_USB_STANDARD_RQT)
    {
        /* Handle SET_FEATURE(FUNCTION_SUSPEND) and CLEAR_FEATURE(FUNCTION_SUSPEND)
         * requests here. It should be allowed to pass if the device is in configured
         * state and failed otherwise. */
        if ((bTarget == CY_U3P_USB_TARGET_INTF) && ((bRequest == CY_U3P_USB_SC_SET_FEATURE)
                    || (bRequest == CY_U3P_USB_SC_CLEAR_FEATURE)) && (wValue == 0))

Does that mean I have to send some "Standard Request" in the control end point(0x00)?

I tried "Transfer Data" with Direction:OUT, Req code:0x03,Req type:Standard, wValue:0,Target:interface, wIndex:0. It still doesn't work.

Did I miss anything? I'm using Windows 10, most of USB code works

Thanks

J

0 Likes
4 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

What is the size of the bytes you are requesting on Interrupt Endpoint?

The length of log can be up to 128 Bytes. So the user should never request for data transfer of size
  less than 128 Bytes.

Refer screen shot 

For standard requests, you won't see anything in control center.

Try with vendor request, for example, Req code: 0xE0. You will see device reset once you hit Transfer OUT.

Here it is,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I'll try it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was traveling last week. I tried both your methods on a different laptop with brand new installation. Still doesn't work. For first approach, it shows the same message as before.

Tried the customized request of 0xE0 with everything exact the same as your parameters. It killed the current BulkExample driver and reset the fx3 to the bootloader device.

I installed lastest SDK. Is it possible that new version change something?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

After many tests, it seems that the problem is caused by the new version of firmware. The USBDebug sample of 1.3.1 works but new one doesn't

0 Likes