BLE Latency

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please help me with the following theoretical situation: I have a PSoC4 MCU running HID profile, mostly sleeping. From time to time, an external interrupt occur (GPIO line) and the time interval in which the MCU must handle this interrupt is 150us, when running the handle code only takes 50us.

Is it possible to configure the interrupt priorities in such way that the MCU will handle the interrupt EVERY time in that specific interval ? i.e. is there a way to define a critical section in the code that overcome the BLE low level routines?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Could you please read / search the "System Reference Guide", I an not natively English speaking and my explanations will not be as precise as those from Cypress.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The "System Reference Guide" (from Creator -> Help) tells about the "Critical Section" APIs.

The time needed for getting the system out of sleep depends on the sleep mode you use. Deep sleep usually takes 25µs to wakeup.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replay.

Could you be more specific? is there a way to define a critical section in which the BLE will not interrupt important routines?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Could you please read / search the "System Reference Guide", I an not natively English speaking and my explanations will not be as precise as those from Cypress.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You can specify interrupt priorities. Lower priority number means higher priority. Interrupts can be nested, so a level 1 interrupt interruots a level 2 ISR. See the BLE TRM, chapter 'Exception priority'.