How can I edit the test vector file for testing the verilog model?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cypress provides verilog simulation model, testbench and test vector file for the SRAM CY7C1514KV18. I'd like to simulate with different values for BWS_N. How can I change the test vector file for that?

Bit 3 and 2 from test vector file which are assigned to BWS_N are not used. Instead on the bus BWS_N bits 3 and 2 are assigned with bits 1 and 0 (see below).

$readmemb("pksvectors.txt", lsim_vectors_qdr2);     //load input vector file
          BWSb_qdr2[3:2]=BWSb_qdr2[1:0] ;
    end
    #1 $finish; // This prevents simulation beyond end of test patterns

Why is that?

P.S.: CY7C1514KV18.VHD RELEASE 1.0 IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY!!! WRITING DATA WITH BWS_N[0..3] = "1101" OR BWS_N[0..3] = "1110" FAILS!!!

IF YOU HAVE MIXED-LANGUAGE SUPPORT USE THE VERILOG FUNCTIONAL MODEL REV 2.0 - NEW MODEL !

Markus

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Markus,

The model / device has 4 BWS inputs, since it is a x36 device.

The test bench has been written to accept 2 BWS inputs, and it copies to the other two. It is a test bench, so has been optimized for execution.

The test vector file can be updated by any user, to include two more bits and the test bench can be modified to accept a 4 bit string, instead of 2 bits. So you can go ahead and change the values in the test vector file as per your requirements.

Thanks,

Krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Markus,

The model / device has 4 BWS inputs, since it is a x36 device.

The test bench has been written to accept 2 BWS inputs, and it copies to the other two. It is a test bench, so has been optimized for execution.

The test vector file can be updated by any user, to include two more bits and the test bench can be modified to accept a 4 bit string, instead of 2 bits. So you can go ahead and change the values in the test vector file as per your requirements.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes