PD: Send another source capability message

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working with the CCG3 dev-kit. I have a project that resembles a power brick and it advertises a certain set of PDOs. Once some communication with the sink was done, I would like to send another "Source Capabilities" message to renegotiate the voltage (need to do that to work around an issue of the sink device).

I already found out how to toggle which PDOs to send (dpm_update_src_cap_mask(port, mask)) but I haven't figured out how to make the stack send out another "Source Capabilities" message. Is there a way to do that?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

The Typical process to renegotiate the voltage:

1) GET_SINK_CAP by send handle_pd_command (DPM_CMD_GET_SNK_CAP, NULL, NULL);

2) Enable SOURCE_CAP by source cap mask register by send (dpm_update_src_cap_mask(port, mask))

3) Resend SOURCE_CAP by send handle_pd_command (DPM_CMD_SRC_CAP_CHNG, NULL, NULL);

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating the Source_Capabilities will do the required job of renegotiating the voltage. Please find the details for updating the source_capabilities in page 86 of CCGx_FW_UserGuide (attached is the document for your reference).

ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

The Typical process to renegotiate the voltage:

1) GET_SINK_CAP by send handle_pd_command (DPM_CMD_GET_SNK_CAP, NULL, NULL);

2) Enable SOURCE_CAP by source cap mask register by send (dpm_update_src_cap_mask(port, mask))

3) Resend SOURCE_CAP by send handle_pd_command (DPM_CMD_SRC_CAP_CHNG, NULL, NULL);

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes