Cypress MCUs and CY8CKIT-143

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am absolutely new in Cypress MCU. I did buy in Arrow.com CY8CKIT-143 and it seems I made a mistake. I thought I can use CY8CKIT-143 as a separate board but as I understood right after paying I should use CY8CKIT-143 in conjunction with CY8CKIT-042-BLE. I am disappointed ... 
I have 2 demo boards: CY8CKIT-043 and CY8CKIT-049-42XX. Is it possible to use these boards with CY8CKIT-143 module ?
And also can I use CY8CKIT-143 module with my favorite STM32 ?

Actually all these boards are on the way to me, so now I can only ask you and wait. 
Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        I forgot to say that you need to install Psoc Creator 4.0 for your programming environment. You also asked why you need to program the Ble module. That is so you can install you Ble programs into it. There are,example programs in the Psoc Creator program.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Well you could program the CY8CKIT-043 to program your CY8CKIT-143.  The CY8CKIT-049-42XX can not program the CY8CKIT-143 however.  You should have purchased another Ble device for the CY8CKIT-043 the EZ-Ble is the device that mounts on the CY8CKIT-043. While you are waiting for the kits you should study the User-guides for your board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for answer and you are absolutely right about datasheets. Can you please clarify me what do you mean about "program the CY8CKIT-143" ? For what I need to program BLE module ? Last time I thought CY8CKIT-143 is just a Bluetooth module with which I can communicate via UART, SPI or I2C.  

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You can use the Kitprog part of the CY8CKIT-043 to program the -143 module. Read the Kitprog manual thoroughly.

You will need to snap-off the Kitprog part (which will break the buried Rx and Tx traces). Check with Cypress Programmer 3.25 whether the firmware is on latest revision.

Alternatively buy (a more expensive but more flexible) MiniProg3.

Bob

rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        I forgot to say that you need to install Psoc Creator 4.0 for your programming environment. You also asked why you need to program the Ble module. That is so you can install you Ble programs into it. There are,example programs in the Psoc Creator program.   
0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Click on file

Then select Code examples and then select Ble

There you will find example programs to try with your new ble module.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, and again about programming of CY8CKIT-143. Using PsoC Creator I can just write programs for MCU of  CY8CKIT-143 and use this MCU as an ordinary MCU for example for generating PWM or control analog inputs but with additional features  of BLE ? Is it right ?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, you are quite right.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news for me, thank you.

0 Likes