FX3S microntroller interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

We are planning to use CYUSB3035 to implement USB storage device. Is it possible to interface cyusb3035 with micro-controller(Atmel or NXP)?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use CYUSB3035  for storage class devices. It depends completely on how you want to interface the FX3S with the Atmel/NXP. 

Other than USB, FX3S also offers a GPIF-16 bit parallel interface, you have UART, I2C, SPI communication. It would be better to comment on the feasibility after looking at the block diagram of you requirements.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Nishant,

Thank you for the reply. I don't want to use GPIF-16 bit parallel interface so, with UART,I2C or SPI communication can i load the firmware to cypress device at startup?.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

FX3S does support boot from I2C/SPI. Please refer to the boot-options application note which mentions the criteria for I2C and SPI boot. 

http://www.cypress.com/file/201991/download

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, i have to use either USB or GPIF interface to load the firmware. In application note which you have refered i could not understand SPI->USB or I2C->SPI boot options. if i use USB boot then firmware should be in the host pc and firmware  loaded only when device is connected to hostPC.

0 Likes