Android Applications for BCM20736S chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to explore how to write Bluetooth LE based application for BCM20736S chip in Eclipse using Java for Android OS.

Android OS 4.3 and above provide a good support for BLE 4.0 spec and included API and packages for development of Bluetooth LE based applications.

I have the Eclipse development environment with JDK 7.0 ( 32 bit version) installed on my development system.

What are the other prerequisite for creating the BLE based application for BCM20736S chip for Android 4.3  ?

Is there any sample code available that I can use to understand the concept ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello anands11,

Please see the java files in the SDK 2.0.1 project hello_sensor app:

pastedImage_0.png

WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.0.1\WICED-Smart-SDK\Apps\hello_sensor\peerapps\Android\LeHelloClient\src\com\broadcom\app\lehelloclient\MainActivity.java

Let me know if this helps you.

JT

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello anands11,

Please see the java files in the SDK 2.0.1 project hello_sensor app:

pastedImage_0.png

WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.0.1\WICED-Smart-SDK\Apps\hello_sensor\peerapps\Android\LeHelloClient\src\com\broadcom\app\lehelloclient\MainActivity.java

Let me know if this helps you.

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whauuu, I have not realized that the SDK supports also to write the Android OS counter part.

I thought I had to install full Google/Android SDK and other tools, e.g. the new Nokia Qt X system.

Cool!

If I see in bin directory an *.apk file - does it mean I can download and install on my smartphone?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, it works.

I could download and install the APK on my Android smartphone. It sees the Hello BLE running and I can connect. It beeps, looks like I could also write some IDs.

Cool.

But nothing reasonable to do.

And all the other demo projects does not seem to have an Android APK counterpart.

Actually, I thought I can create a simple iBeacon or something else. As: if I approximate the BLE eval board, my smartphone will tell me. But I have to use always scan in Android app and connect, nothing else to do with it.

OK, let's see how to create nice solution with it. Idea is: eval board should beep if a enter my home or my phone should display notification if I am close to the eval board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.

0 Likes