EZ-BLE and CapSense - auto assign pins during build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the CYBLE-214009-00 Module & PSoC Creator 3.3 CP3.

I added a CapSense P4-V3.0 object and configured two buttons and Auto-tune since it was the default (see Capsense.jpg).

I am using a SAR ADC and 7 analog inputs to measure voltage, temperature, etc.

Also have a BLE and SPI Master objects too.

I am able to compile the project. My question deals with the pin selections made by the PSoC Creator (see Design.jpg)

1. Cmod function is assigned to pin P3.5 (I read where the Cmod is internally connected to a capacitor inside the module and nothing else was needed.

2. The 2 x CapSense buttons are assigned to pins '33' and '34', which makes no sense since there are only 32 pins on the EZ-BLE module.

I have two unused pins that I hope can be used for the CapSense buttons. I also hope Pin P3.5 an be left along too.

I have looked at some example code and Cmod is generally assigned to pin '33' and the CapSense sliders/buttons are assigned to available pins less than #32.

Does anyone have an idea of what kind of 'pot hole' I might of put my foot into?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Your design will not fit in the device you have selected for this project.  You have an over run in the CapSense components you need two and have only one in your device. DAC and IDac you have exceeded you device in this area.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
        Please post your code so we can check it.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You can always override the pin selections made by Creator when you want to have the signals on other places.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attached is a minimal archive file of the project.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Your design will not fit in the device you have selected for this project.  You have an over run in the CapSense components you need two and have only one in your device. DAC and IDac you have exceeded you device in this area.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I removed the second CapSense object and I am using PSoC Creator 4.0 too. I have included a zip of the revised project. The two CapSense buttons are now assigned ok. However I still still see that the pin fitter has assigned Cmod to P2(1). I see in Figure 9 of the Module's datasheet that Cmod is attached to pin P4(0). Do I have to make a 'second Cmod' and attach another capacitor to pin P2(1)?

0 Likes