Possible to switch off "Internal" interrupt & just o/p  using h/w buf?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaPo_2034131
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Apologies if the solution is elsewhere but my search-fu is in failure mode. I have a UART using the internal interrupt mode (set in the schematic) due to using a large-ish memory buffer. My problem is trying to o/p a debug dump on a HardFault, and since the UART interrupts are of lower priority they don't run and I see no chars o/p.

Is it possible to reconfigure at runtime from internal interrupt buffer to just use the basic hardware (~16 char) fifo? I can't change the configuration, and my first alternative is to tweak the return address from the handler and do the dump stuff in std mode.

All the best,

Gareth

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Gareth.

No, the choice of using internal buffer and interrupt cannot be reverted a t run-time.

You may of course provide your own algorithm which puts character-by-character into the transmitter register and waits for fifo getting empty again.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You can configure the interrupt priorities (in the design-wide resources). AFAIK its not possible to change the buffer size and the interrupt usage on run-time.

0 Likes
GaPo_2034131
Level 1
Level 1

Ah. Thanks for the info, appreciated.

-Gareth

0 Likes