CyBle_ProcessEvents() in a FreeRTOS Task

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Community,

i´m trying to use the "BLE stack" that is provided with PSoC Creator as static library in a FreeRTOS Task.

My first idea was to call "CyBle_ProcessEvents()" in the Idle Task, but this trail was not successful.

Now, i have created a FreeRTOS Task for the processing of the BLE stack api´s, but this isn´t working as expected too.

The task that processes the BLE stack api´s is at highest priority and it is the only task at this priority.

Also the BLE_bless_isr is at the highest priority.

The problem occurs in the call "CyBle_ProcessEvents()".

Du you have any ideas what i do wrong or why it isn´t possible to call the api´s of the BLE stack static libraries within a FreeRTOS Task?

Because the BLE library is static, i can´t debug it with the debugger.

I have attached the files for the FreeRTOS Task.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We have a simple example on FreeRTOS with PSoC4 BLE. This is a sample project created by us and not 100% tested. But this is working with an older version of Creator. Can you please have a look at this project.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you attach your full project? Is the device advertising at-least ? What is the exact issue you are facing at the BLE layer? Also, did you try increasing the task stack size?

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the device is advertising at least. But i can see it only with the CySmart Android App on my Smartphone, if i want to pair my smartphone with the device i get always an error.

With the CySmart version for Windows and the BLE dongle of the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit i can´t find it anymore.

Other PSoC Creator BLE examples are working perfectly.

I have created some debug output over UART and only CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON and CYBLE_EVT_GAPP_ADVERTISEMENT_START_STOP get processed.

I also have an additional FreeRTOS Task that prints out the stack high water mark. Yes i have increased the task stack size.

Here is my complete project workspace. I have disabled some code of my Display and NFC-Controller with macros.

Don´t be confused.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now i have started a new clean Project also with FreeRTOS 9.0, but without any additional components, except CapSense, UART, I2C.

My Hardware is, CY8CKIT-042-BLE with EZ-BLE PRoC Evaluation Board (CYBLE-212019-EVAL) attached.

For FreeRTOS i use only WDT1 as Tick Timer.

Idle Task is going to Deep Sleep if BLE is stopped and to Sleep if BLE is started.

BLE isn´t working! Until now i dont use LowPowerImplementation, except Sleep, if BLE is started.

What is my fault that BLE isn´t working with FreeRTOS?

In the BLE_v3_20.pdf on page 3, there is a picture where a Software Timer is mentioned. How is this Software Timer implemented in the BLE Stack?

0 Likes
lock attach
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We have a simple example on FreeRTOS with PSoC4 BLE. This is a sample project created by us and not 100% tested. But this is working with an older version of Creator. Can you please have a look at this project.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank for all your help.

I have opened a Support Ticket and they could help me... This problem is hardware specific for my CYBLE-212019 EZ-BLE Module.

The problem is that the BLE component version v3_10 and v3_20 set the cap trim values in the function CyBle_Start().

The right value for the cap trim settings should be set after that call. The values are documented in "EZ-BLE PRoC Module Datasheet" Table 49 on page 25.

Here is the fix for that issue:

/* Start up Ble sub system */
apiResult = CyBle_Start( prvAppCallBack );
configASSERT( CYBLE_ERROR_OK == apiResult );

/* Set ECO trim value for EZ-BLE Module(CYBLE-212019) after BLE startup,
 * bacause BLE component (v3_10 and v3_20) setup ECO with wrong cap trim
 * values for this module.
 * Note: Value is from "EZ-BLE PRoC Module Datasheet" Table 49 on page 25. */
*(uint32*) CYREG_BLE_BLERD_BB_XO_CAPTRIM = 0x0000BCBC;

This topic could be closed.

0 Likes