Modbus interface on PSoC-4M

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mrinal
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi!

There is a project that requires communication between a battery and the inverter attached to the battery. The battery has an in built chip for communication. I am involved in designing the inverter. I have decided to use a PSoC-4M chip for inverter control.

The communication between the battery and inverter needs to happen over Modbus and/or CAN. Modbus is compulsary, CAN may or may not be included. The problem is that I have never used any of the two up till now. After searching, I found two PSoC-4M chips that have a CAN driver. But I can't find one with a Modbus driver. Neither can I find Modbus interface IC. Like we have SCB for I2C, UART, SPI etc. don't we have one for Modbus? Please help me find a way of implementing modbus support on PSoC-4M. 

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I used Sam Walsh projects to build my devices( https://github.com/EmbeddedSam ).
Perhaps it will help you at the start.
My page of the projects for PSoC4 and PSoС5  (in Russian).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternatively, you can try to use Arduino library. I used it for my projects. It might not be ideal as the code need to be ported from C++ to C.

0 Likes