Confusion with CY8CKIT-042-BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

And NOT the "A" which seems to crop up when I do a product search. Are they referring to the same thing?

Anyways, I'm trying to proto-type an application that uses this board. When I try to find the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit in the "Create Project" dialog I can only find the CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A. When I select that "Target Kit" I end up with the incorrect processor. It shows the CYBL11573-56LQXI instead of the CY8C4247LQI and of course refuses to program it.

Cheers!!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give a screenshot of the kit selection screen?

Double check that you are using the latest PSOC Creator too. Version 4.0 is latest I believe, and it allows for selecting between Kits, Device, and Modules.

If all else fails, you can manually select the device rather than the kit.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding but of course there is no "Kit Selection Screen" that I can find, only the "Create Project" dialog and a radio button for "Kit Selection". It is impossible to have the tool display its list of entries and use the "snipping tool" at the same time.

There are only 2 possible selections in the drop down menu for the radio button "Kit Selection". The CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A (PSoC 4200 BLE) and the CY8CKIT-042-A (PSoC 4200BLE)

Cheers!!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many i2c lines is there in cy8ckit-042-ble.also i want to know how many slave devices can be connected for i2c operation

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

im using cy8ckit-042-ble for my project purpose,i want to know how many i2c buses it is having and how many slave devices that i can connect. im having 8 sensor slave devices ,so whether it will support  these slave devices or i need to use any  i2c buffer for the same? 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Mithun, not a good idea to hijack an active post from another user! Would be much better to start a new thread under a new topic,

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@jdow

Install the kit only package from this Cypress site. You will get access to the kit specific design files and examples.

Bob

0 Likes