PSOC 4 Internal Die Temp Sense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
kyha_1602936
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking into using Die Temperaturep [v1.0] block on a PSOC 4 CY8C4245PVS-482.

This is an extended temp PSOC 4 that I'm using for a high temp application. When I open the data sheet for this block I notice the first thing it says in the Features section is "Valid operating range from -40 degrees C to +85 degrees C".

I'm wondering if this documentation is incorrect or if the software/hardware limits the internal measuring range of the die temp measurement to max of +85 degrees C.

The data sheet of the the CY8C4245PVS-482 says the max operating temp of the junction for that micro is +105 degrees C.

I would expect the Die Temperature feature to measure up to that +105 degrees C temp and not saturate at +85 degrees C. I'm going to test this out as soon as my board arrives from our contract manufacturer.

I just want to check with Cypress that any temp readings above +85 degrees C will be in spec of the parts reading capabilities for that function of the PSOC.

I've attached a screen shot of the data sheet I'm referring to.

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Likes
1 Reply
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The Component that is provided to measure Die Temperature is set for -40 to +85 C.  I am not sure what it will read on your Chip.

0 Likes