CX3 SPI Clock: How to get continuous SPI Clock?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to read multiple bytes over SPI (using CyU3PSpiReceiveWords). I expected the SPI clock to be continuous till the end of whole data reception. However, the SPI clock after each word had a fixed pause/delay . Thus, I did not get a continuous pulse train of clock. (Refer the image attached).

Is there any way to configure the CX3 controller to give a continuous pulse train on SPI clock for multi-byte data transfer without any pause in between (similar to I2S clock)?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In that case you can switch to the DMA Mode of  SPI operation. Please refer the example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspidmamode

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu Sudhan,

I tried running the SPI DMA mode example. I assume it needs USB control center to send data from PC to CX3. I tried sending data with it. However, it resulted in "CONTROL OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997" . When I selected Interface0/alternate setting 0, it popped up a message asking to select bulk/iso/interrupt endpoint from the device tree. If I am doing wrongly, Please explain how to make this example work using control center.

0 Likes