Can not acquire SWD device! - I can't figure it out

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am having an issue with PSOC Creator 3.3 or 4.0 not being able to acquire the device. I am trying to program the Find_Me example onto a custom pcb that has been created with the Cyble-014008 module on it. So that I can verify that everything is at least programming correctly. I made sure that the device selector has the Cyble-014008 as the selected device. The programming method that is being used the 5 pin SWD programming mode.

I have tried using the 5 volts from the Miniprog3 and also externally powering the device, I still come up with the same error.

I have checked to make sure that all of the traces are connected and are put to the correct pins on the module, and everything seems to be correct for that.

Is there something that I am missing some where or is something wrong with how I created the schematic?

I have attached what I can of the schematic, the error I am seeing, and both programming methods I've tried.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Psoc Creator 3.3 or 4.0

MiniProg3 version 2.05[3.08/2.08]

Cyble-014008 Module

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Hima,

Thank you for your time on this. I did find the issue and it was footprint mistake that was made. So I made a mistake while checking.

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please check the document "Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues" (Link:http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/troubleshooting-psoc-345lp-programmingdebugging-issues...)

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hima,

I have checked through document that you have linked in making sure that the setting suggested are set.

I did pull the R14 from my circuit as suggested in 4.ii  This didn't change anything the device still isn't acquiring.

Other than 4.ii, I didn't see anything that would affect the module. Am I missing something that you are thinking of?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello Alex,

Can you try with a reduced ClockCycle?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Hima,

Thank you for your time on this. I did find the issue and it was footprint mistake that was made. So I made a mistake while checking.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes