Newbie: SDK Linux installation directory structure problem?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I followed the guide in the "Using the FX3 SDK on Linux Platforms, Version 1.3.3" documentation.

Then I enter the firmware directory and run make cd ~/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware make ... === ... compile ===

No errors, so the installation seem to be ok.

Then I try to build an application like First_FX3_App. I do the following modification to the makefile:

-FX3FWROOT=../.. -FX3PFWROOT=../../u3p_firmware +FX3FWROOT=/home/petter/cpress/cyfx3sdk/firmware +FX3PFWROOT=/home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/u3p_firmware

Then if I try to run make I get:

makefile:22: /home/petter/cpress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/common/fx3_build_config.mak: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target '/home/petter/cpress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/common/fx3_build_config.mak'.  Stop.

Is there a problem with my installation structure or is the First_FX3_App made for a different version of the SDK?

There are quite a few candidates so I'm a bit confused:

find ~/cypress/ -name fx3_build_config.mak /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/fw_build/boot_fw/fx3_build_config.mak /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_build_config.mak /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/boot_fw/build/fx3_build_config.mak /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/common/fx3_build_config.mak

My environment (PATH modified to show last part)

env|egrep cypress\|ARM ARMGCC_VERSION=4.8.1 PATH=...:/home/petter/cypress/arm-2013.11/bin ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH=/home/petter/cypress/arm-2013.11 FX3_INSTALL_PATH=/home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk

Any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody else using SDK 1.3.3 under Linux?

Are there some examples available which can be built under Linux with a complete makefile so I can verify my installation?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed a silly spelling mistake above: cpress to cypress. I'm getting a step further, but run into a similar problem:

make /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/common/fx3_build_config.mak:102: /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_armgcc_config.mak: No such file or directory make: *** No rule to make target '/home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/firmware/fw_build/fx3_fw/fx3_armgcc_config.mak'.  Stop.

In my installation the fw_build directory is located right below the cyfx3sdk:

find ~/cypress -type d -name fw_build /home/petter/cypress/cyfx3sdk/fw_build

Is it safe to add a symbolic link, or should I is there a installation procedure to build it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a symbolic link seem to fix the problem

$ cd First_FX3_App $ make make: *** No rule to make target 'cyfxgpioapp.c', needed by 'cyfxgpioapp.o'.  Stop.
0 Likes