Psoc creator 4.0: Build error: cannot find -lusbpd_gcc

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I took clean example project CCG2 -> power adapter. It didn't initially generate the "Generated_source" -sources to workarea (they also appeared gray in the Workspace explorer) and project complained about missing project.h. Running clean&build generated the missing sources, but now I get error:

Build error: cannot find -lusbpd_gcc (file cm0gcc.ld)

Dunno if it's relevant, but I also get info:

Analog terminal "VBUS_MONITOR.analog_0" on TopDesign is unconnected.

And As said, this is clean import, no changes to code. Just clean & build run. No other projects in the workarea. Attached bundle of the package.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For this project to build you have to go to build settings and change tool chain to ARM MDK Generic. CCG2 project from latest SDK 3.0.1  can't build with ARM GCC tool.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, and environment is Windows 10 pro

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Can you please tell whether you are using the latest SDK 3.0 or not. I see some files missing in your project.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, EX-PD CCGx SDK is version 3.0.

And updated everything with cypress update manager yesterday.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I am attaching the real SDK 3.0 CCG2 PA project. I see some files missing in it. 

There is no bootloader folder and the hex files are not there in it. Also the cm0gcc.ld file is missing.

Please compare your project with the attached one. I suggest to reinstall the SDK 3.0.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I uninstalled everyting cypress related, deleted the installation folder and downloaded the SDK from here again:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit

I installed it, then run the update + installed the PSoC creator v4 from the updater. Then I created again the pd project from the example, and tried to build it. Again same failure.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I understand this is a defect in the PSOC Creator and we will track it. But you can use SDK 3.0 and the CCG2 PA project from it. It works fine and I have attached it in the previous response.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For this project to build you have to go to build settings and change tool chain to ARM MDK Generic. CCG2 project from latest SDK 3.0.1  can't build with ARM GCC tool.