FM4 S6E2C2 2048k FLASH + 40k ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

On our S6E2C2, there is 2048k main flash. We can write/erase to that sectors (0x000000 - 0x200000) without a problem. However in the datasheet from Spansion, there is still 40k of flash memory @0x406000 - 0x410000. We can write only to the first sector of 8k. But we can't erase it anymore. Is there a problem with these sectors? Any kind of declaration would be appreciated. 

kinds regards

Steven

0 Likes
3 Replies
bharadhwajas_91
Employee
Employee
First like received First like given

Hi Steven ,

Please note that  the flash memory of the S6E2C series consists of two macros (called as Macro #0 and #1 in S6E2Cx Flash Programming Guide).

Please refer to Pg No 11 of the flash programming manual

http://www.cypress.com/file/252581/download

The first sector of the 40k of flash memory belongs to the Macro #0 and remaining 32k to the Macro #1.

For all of the sectors in the flash memory (both of Macro #0 and #1), it is necessary to issue the erase command to each Macro #0 and #1.

What is the development tool you are using?
Which erase command was used, flash erase command or sector erase command?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am indeed aware that those sectors belong to 2 macro's. But my problem is that I cannot erase SA3#0 ? I'm using eclipse IDE with IAR workbench plugin. I'm using sector erase command. I can share the code for that if you like but I'm not having troubles in the 2k flash range for erasing sectors, and I don't see any difference why that 0x40.. range is different.

kind regards

0 Likes

Yes ,please do share your code.

0 Likes