In what file can I find peripheral.name?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaDo_1228851
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

My application uses both peripheral.name and local name.   In my application the device's local name can be changed by the user over the air.  But I want a unique permanent peripheral.name assigned to each device at the time of my programing it.  My problem is that I cannot reliable program each device's periperal.name with a unique value through the GAP Settings>General>Device name dialog box.  The same peripheral.name keeps showing up over and over again on every new device I try to program, no matter what new value I put in the dialog box.

I have not been able to locate peripheral.name in any of the BLE component files either.  Can I hard code a peripheral.name at the time of programming each new device? How?

Would completely wiping the flash of each device prior to programing make the GAP Settings>General>Device name dialog box reliably assign a new peripheral.name to each device?  If so, how do you wipe the flash?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please have a look at the function CyBle_GapSetLocalName( ).

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please have a look at the function CyBle_GapSetLocalName( ).

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes