Unable to connect with mobile

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a strange problem that my MacBook could connect with the LightBlue software, while my PC is also OK with CySmart and the USB dongle.  However, when using an iPhone or Samsung S7 to connect and read my BLE peripheral, it would either not able to connect, or disconnect after a few seconds. 

Is there anything special about timeout etc that I should change and check? 

Current I am testing with the cycling example.  The last messages output from the UART is:

CYBLE_EVT_GATT_DISCONNECT_IND

CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_DISCONNECTED

CYBLE_EVT_GAPP_ADVERTISEMENT_START_STOP, state: 3

Not quite sure how I could debug the problem. Please help me, thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Are you using any of the code-example project? Can you please test with any of the code example projects and check if that is working fine.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am using the Cycling example.  Found out that our antenna may play a part here, as we de-soldered the antenna, and attached a short cable to make it longer, my android is now able to connect.  However, iPhone still cannot.  Not sure how to actually find out the cause.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, some update. Basically our matching on the antenna was not correct. However, after fixing that provlem, iPhone/iOS still just won't connect. Is there anything that is specific to the iOS like timeout, security etc that I must set ?   
0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello 

If you are using the latest version of iOS, then it is fine. Can you check if the PSoC is getting connected to the dongle, while testing with PC CySmart application?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes