Can CY7C68013A be configured to have USB Audio and HID class at the same time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to use CY7C68013A for a custom application. Can I configure it to have HID and Audio class support simultaneously?

My intention is to configure the GPIF as I2S lines for audio in/out and use other possible interface to exchange HID reports.

Thanks for the help in adance,

Best Regards,

Pradeep.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can consider FX3 (CYUSB3014), where you can implement HID class with UAC.  We have examples for each of them working independently in FX3 SDK. 

CY7C65211 is a fixed function part.The USB-SPI bridge can be implemented using this device, but the it used Bulk IN/out for data transfer. You do not have the option to change the endpoint type for this device

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Pradeep,

I2S interface with GPIF on FX2LP is not possible. You can consider FX3 to implement your application since it has I2S Block which can act only as a transmitter. But to receive the audio signals you can use I2S to SPI converter to write into the SPI Flash and then read into FX3.

We also have an example project in FX3 SDK to implement I2S interface. You can find the example in the below path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbi2sdmamode

Regarding HID: What HID device do you want to interface?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the response. I am working on a live audio streaming design which cannot consider the option of USB to SPI converter you mentioned. Is there any other option I can consider in CY product category such an use case?

Another question:

Now I am also considering using USB to SPI bridge independently.  I am looking at CY7C65211. Does this have Isochronos data transfer support? If yes, how can I differentiate between different types of data transfer on USB when I receive data on SPI?

Thanks,

Pradeep.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can consider FX3 (CYUSB3014), where you can implement HID class with UAC.  We have examples for each of them working independently in FX3 SDK. 

CY7C65211 is a fixed function part.The USB-SPI bridge can be implemented using this device, but the it used Bulk IN/out for data transfer. You do not have the option to change the endpoint type for this device

0 Likes