CY8CKIT-042-BLE pioneer board not being recognized by computer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I have a project I want to program to the microcontroller. When I try to upload the project to the microcontroller in PSoC creator it does not appear to be connected. However, I have it plugged in and the status LED is green and the power LED is on. How can I get PSoC creator to see the microcontroller?

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello

Then it might be some hardware issue with the Kit. 

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Hold down the reset button SW1 one the board  for 10 sec and it should reset the KitProg. Can you see the kit prog in the device manager of the windows System?  What version of Psoc Creator are you using?

0 Likes
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4

I pressed the reset button for 10 seconds. The device manager pops up and asks what I want to do with it. I am using psoc creator 4. However it still does not recognize the microcontroller in psoc creator. 

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Can you try opening PSoC Programmer and upgrade the firmware Utilities->Upgrade Firmware

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4

The "Upgrade Firmware" button is grayed out

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Can you attach the screenshot of the Device manager? Can you try manually to point the enumerated device to the KitProg.inf file available in the location :C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4

Here is the picture of device manager. What lines of code do I need to change in the kitprog.inf file?

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
        Hello You need not modify the kitprog.inf file, you will need to point the enumerated device to this .inf file. If you have doubts on how to update the driver, then please refer to any thirdparty websites (example: https://www.lifewire.com/updating-drivers-in-windows-7-tutorial-2619224) Thanks, Hima   
0 Likes
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4

This is what I get when I try to program the microcontroller. I doubt it is an issue with the drivers since they are all up to date.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I just want to confirm the following points

1)Where you able to program the kit at any point of time? Are you facing this issue while trying to program the first time?

2)Please let us know if you have tried the step of pointing to .inf file mentioned in response#8 and response#6?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

i was using PSoC 4 ( 4200M - CY8CKIT - 044 ) for almost 2 months now. It was working fine. i was able to program it. But in between , when i tried to debug and program .. my pioneer board was not getting recognized. so i tried to press reset button for 15 seconds, and this solved the problem , this was a month ago.

today morning i was working on new project and when i tried to program it , the same problem occurreed. Pressing reset button for 15 seconds didnot help me this time.

please help me

Screenshot (25).pngScreenshot (24).png

0 Likes
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4

Yes. I have tried both steps. Should I try to get a replacement?

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello 

Can you please confirm if you were able to program the kit earlier? Can you please try plugging the kit in another PC and check if it is working fine?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
CoCo_1816446
Level 4
Level 4

I have used it on another computer but it still does not work

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello

Then it might be some hardware issue with the Kit. 

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes

Hi Hima,

Even I am facing the same issue. If there is an issue with the hardware of the kit, what should I need to do?

Regards,

B. Sreenivas.

0 Likes