OTA bootloader Implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have taken PWM example project and compiled successfully. Than open BLE_OTA_FixedStack_Bootloader01 and did proper settings and compiled successfully. After modifying mk.bat file, I got required BootloadersymbolGcc.ld file under required linkerscripts file. Now I created BLE_OTA_fixedstack bootloadable project in another window and from here I copied all the linker files and components to my project. After this, specified the path to bootloader project hexfile and ELF files and applied proper buildsetting to my project. Now compiled successfully. But now whenever I'm trying to connect with cypress app it is showing connection timeout,

I have attached my project here for refference.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Samir,

I think the issue is with the heap size. Try increasing the heap size to 0x200 or 0x400. Go to Design Wide Resources > System > Heap size. When you are using debug prints, it is necessary to increase the heap size. I tested your project by increasing the heap size and it worked fine for me.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks yssu, after increasing the heap size it is working fine. But while updating through Cypress App from mobile in "Select Upgrade Option" 3 options is there (1. Application Upgrade, 2. Application and Stack Upgrade(combined File), 3. Applicationand Stack Upgrade(Seperate Files)), I want to know what exactly these 3 options means, and after selecting the .cyacd file While upgrade its giving a message "Error: The SiliconID or SiliconRev does not match",  whats does this means and how can I rectify it. I am using the same code attached above.

while upgrading I am sending the same .cyacd file with different value for # define BRIGHTNESS_DECREASE  (6000)(in main.c line No. 26)

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Are you using the proper .cyacd file? Is the .cyacd file generated with a different part number than in the actual hardware?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hima,

Yes I'm sure that .cyacd file is generated  by the same part number as that of the actual hardware.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Can you use a different hardware and try bootloading.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes