Error in sample code compilation using EZ-USB suite

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed the FX3_SDK v1.3.3 for windows 7 pc. The installation was successful but when importing and trying to the run the USBAudio example i am getting the following error.

**** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project USBAudioClass ****
cs-make all 
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, echo "Building file: ../cyfx_gcc_startup.S", ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
cs-make: *** [cyfx_gcc_startup.o] Error 2

I tried reinstalling the software but the same error still persists. So just want to know if anything is getting missed from my side .

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are trying to build the original project, it doesn't run.

You must import the project, and select "Copy project into workspace"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did the same , copying the project into workspace and then building it but still no luck. One more thing is, i tried installing the SDK on another PC .There the SDK works fine and also i was able to compile the sample codes and create binary out of it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try using creating a new workspace (make sure that the workspace is not in any write protect location)? As previously mentioned make sure to select "Copy project into workspace" while importing the project.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

I tried creating new workspace and copying project into it while importing new sample ,but still the same error pops up.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not OP, but I had this same issue and was able to resolve it.

The problem is not with the build script failing to find "cyfx_gcc_startup.S", but rather it failed to find "echo".

I resolved the issue by installing cygwin and adding "C"\cygwin64\bin" to my System Path.

This did require restarting EZ USB Suite

0 Likes