BLE OTA Update with upgradable stack with no input buttons

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi community,

I'm currently implementing a BLE OTA upgrade feature with an upgradable stack based on the examples provided in PSoC Creator on my custom designed board.

In these examples it is possible to switch between the applications by pressing button SW2 during startup of the chip. At my custom designed board I got no input buttons to perform this operation.

What would be the best solution to switch between the applications without buttons?

Best

Philipp

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

You can send a specific command over BLE to switch between. Please let us know if this is feasible in your design.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello,

You can send a specific command over BLE to switch between. Please let us know if this is feasible in your design.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be feasible.

- How can I switch between the two applications in CySmart PC app?

- How must the code be changed to achieve this?

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello 

You will need to send command over BLE and in the application you will need to make the other application as active and then perform a software reset. 

Much change wont be there in code.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I use a characteristic, which will set the bootloader as active application and performs a reset, when it is written.

0 Likes