my vendor command can't send normal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,all

I use ep0 to send a vendor command, I use vs2012 and x64 platform,my code like follow:

CCyUSBDevice *USBDevice = new CCyUSBDevice(NULL);
// Just for typing efficiency
CCyControlEndPoint *ept = USBDevice->ControlEndPt;

ept->Target = TGT_DEVICE;
ept->ReqType = REQ_VENDOR;
ept->Direction = DIR_TO_DEVICE;
ept->ReqCode = 0x05;
ept->Value = 1;
ept->Index = 0;

unsigned char buf[512];
ZeroMemory(buf, 512);
LONG buflen = 512;
ept->XferData(buf, buflen);

i found when i debug these code, these value is not changed,but when i fix it in memory by hand,then it normal,and can send to device,why?

thank you very much;

Andi

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The buf will contain data sent from the USB device responding to the XferData. Did you make sure the device is recieving the XferData with correct data? I see that the direction is "DIR_TO_DEVICE", so   it is for sending the data to the device (not receiving back).  You can change the direction in the call, also you will need to handle this in the device frimware

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The buf will contain data sent from the USB device responding to the XferData. Did you make sure the device is recieving the XferData with correct data? I see that the direction is "DIR_TO_DEVICE", so   it is for sending the data to the device (not receiving back).  You can change the direction in the call, also you will need to handle this in the device frimware

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response;
EP0 transceiver is now no problem. 
But there is a new question, i hope to get your guidance.
My own circuit board, using slave fifo 32 bit mode, 100Hmz clock, provided by the pib to FPGA, I configured the watermark value as follows:
 CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure (0, CY_U3P_PIB_SOCKET_0, 6, CyFalse, 1);//FPGA->USB
 CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure (3, CY_U3P_PIB_SOCKET_3, 6, CyFalse, 1);//USB->FPGA

I would like to read from the PC side of different lengths of data, each time before reading, I will tell the FPGA the read length,alway 2^n,max is 8192 bytes. FPGA will report the length of the data I hope, but I found a problem, in different lengths of data reported Switch the gap, the occasional PC will receive all the 0 data, then i check the EP / DMA status is normal. But  receive a PIB reported the error:        CYU3P_PIB_ERR_THR0_WR_OVERRUN
I do not understand why?(FPGA report every packet as a brust)
Is it that I need to reset the watermark value every time I tell the FPGA to switch data length?
If yes, how do i do it?
Thank you!

0 Likes