CY3210-PSoCEVal Can't Complile

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a few questions about PSoC Designer.

I'm just getting started with cypress.

I have a CY3210-PSoCEVal kit. 

I'm trying to load a open source program to the chip.

I have installed that to the demo board and am trying to compile and load the open source project to the chip. 

I go to tools options compiler and select imagecraft. Problem is after that I go back to the build tab and the Compile button is grayed out. 

Also I'm using PSoC designer 5.3 per the open source instructions.

Ive been looking for the step by step guild to compiling and loading to the chip but haven't found it. Can any give me step by step instructions or point me to a video or instructions so I can make this happen?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Only Generate/Build, the compile step is only for single files you select.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

Did you try the "Build" command?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I did try and build it first. The compile button is still grayed out. What's the normal procedure for programing a chip? Build then Compile then Program part?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Only Generate/Build, the compile step is only for single files you select.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        OK so when I build it, it comes back with 5 errors. So the open source project must have some problems. Is there videos or pdf files on all this, like a getting started with PSoC for absolute beginner's? I have found some videos and some projects but they all assume I would know the basics. And I dont. This is my first experience with PSoC.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

PSoC1 are a bit difficult to handle because of its reduced debug capabilities (ICE needed). Can you please post a complete project archive (Designer -> File -> Archive Project).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks Bob. I found another version of the project and it built with 0 errors and I was able to program the chip. Now to make some changes to meet my needs and go from there. Thanks again!   
0 Likes