AN75779 UVC example with GPIF 32bit mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chsh_1759911
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I had download AN75779.zip(http://www.cypress.com/file/123501/download) 03/24/2016 

use fpga to creat data

the example is 8bit with 30fps works fine then i change to 16bit with 60fps still works fine

but when i change to 32bit (60fps and 120fps) the problem occur the data didn't transfer thought usb

follow the pdf i sure isDQ32bit is true both counters is 4091 and SPI is false

this is the list what i changed:

X,Y dimension ratio to 5:4

height to 1024

fps to 120

frame size to 2621440 (1280*1024*2)

which those in VS format descriptor / VS frame descriptor / UVC Probe control settings

In GPIF setting

change data bus width to 32bit

delete sensor_reset pin

change LD_data_counter/LD_addr_counter to 4091

So why this problem happen and whats special for 32bit mode? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Please clarify what do you mean by data didn't transfer. I suppose the device enumerated on the PC and came up as a imaging device.

2)Connect a USB-UART bridge and check which FX3 API is getting failed.  Please put debug print to count the number of producer and consumer event.  Please report what do you see on the UART.

0 Likes
        2 situation first for AN75779 sample change to 32bit: 1)device enumerated on the PC and did transfer few image data (traced by Bus hound) then stoped 2)im using cyusb3kit board to debug then i see the thread "tx_thread_schedule" & "tx_thread_system_suspend" is running. change back to 16bit it should be "tx_queue_receive" & "txe_queue_receive" & "CyU3DmaThreadEntry" & "tx_thread_shell_entry" second one is use example in http://www.cypress.com/forum/usb-known-problems-and-solutions/fx3-firmware-streaming-uvc-data-fpga?s... use AN65974 fpga_StreamIn example to genrate fpga data but the device enumerated but no data transfer system run in txe_thread_relinquish thread   
0 Likes