Programming PSoC 1 with serial USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_1665606
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I'm considering to have my own PSoC boards made for Raspberry Pi/Next Thing Co CHIP or any other single board. I wonder how does one program the CY8C28xxxx series ICs? Can I use an USB-to-UART IC? Will it be recognized by the PSoC Programmer application? Alternatively, can I use my CY8CKIT LP5's programmer? Thank you for your advice in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Fastest and most versatile is the PSoC5 although the DMA component is quite complicated. The filter block and the other analog components as opamps ADC and DAC should be enough hardware. The tremendous amount of UDBs (24) allow for much digital power.

At a later state of a project, when the number of units is estimated you can think over to use a smaller chip or a different family.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What is the reason for using a PSoC1 and not a more modern PSoC4-M series?

Bob

0 Likes
user_1665606
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I've wanted to give the PSoC 1 a try. I like the SSOP-28 packaging (easier to solder) and the filters. What's the PSoC 4M like? I love PSoC 5 but iut seems PSoC 1 has more analog components. By the way, I'm planning to use the board for audio synthesis and sampling, and FXs strapped in a Linux singleboard (such as the Raspberry Pi Zero). What do you reckon?

0 Likes
user_1665606
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

The Cypress Roadmap is huge help to select the right product!

http://www.cypress.com/file/151476/download

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Fastest and most versatile is the PSoC5 although the DMA component is quite complicated. The filter block and the other analog components as opamps ADC and DAC should be enough hardware. The tremendous amount of UDBs (24) allow for much digital power.

At a later state of a project, when the number of units is estimated you can think over to use a smaller chip or a different family.

Bob

0 Likes

Good idea, thank you! I'll just stick yo PSoC 5 then since I'm already familiar with it. 

0 Likes