Creator 3.1 New Install, can't find TopDesign.cysch file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening all,

I have recently started using PSoc Creator 3.1 in conjunction with one of my EE classes and downloaded it to my laptop at home.  <read as ingorant to the IDE and hardware>

I attempted to open the tutorial project at home, the one that I worked on for a few hours at school successfully, and received the following error message:

"Errors found while loading "C:\.......Tutorial.cydsn\TopDesign\TopDesign.cysch" file.  This file would not be considered in the update process"

I have determined that the file is indeed at the specified location and have uninstalled and reinstalled the IDE to no avail.  I tried the method outlined at http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-5-device-programming/using-cy8ckit-059-variable-square-wave-genera... where a similar issue was reported, but the User Dependencies is only allowing .cyprj project files to be linked.  

Any help would be appreciated, being able to work from home saves me 75 minutes of commuting to campus.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Brian.

At first: Creator 3.1 is outdated, there have been some issues corrected and new PSoC family members introduced. Actual version is 4.0 SP1.

How do you transport the project data? I would strongly suggest to use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

to make a .zip file which you need to expand at the location where you work on.

Avoid changing any of the generated files, then you can automatically re-generate them without loss of information.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Brian.

At first: Creator 3.1 is outdated, there have been some issues corrected and new PSoC family members introduced. Actual version is 4.0 SP1.

How do you transport the project data? I would strongly suggest to use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

to make a .zip file which you need to expand at the location where you work on.

Avoid changing any of the generated files, then you can automatically re-generate them without loss of information.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, thanks for the suggestions.  

I'll pass the transportation advice on to the rest of my class, we can use every tip possible to make this semester less painful...the classes are hard enough with out causing problems on our own.

I installed Creator 4.0 (4.0.0.432) and I'm up and running.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Another tip:

Working with PSoCs is not painful at all. Get hands on a CY8CKIT-059 Prototyping kit which has the choice of ~100 components. At the top you will find a means to learn HDL (Hardware Definition Language) which is not too diverse from C-language.

Bob

0 Likes